Because we want you to be safe and successful in your CrossFit journey, Foundations is required for beginners before participating in the regular CrossFit classes. Foundations is done in a 1-on-1 setting with you and a coach. We will teach you the basics of functional movement, modify the workouts to accommodate your fitness level and give you the confidence to get started.
How It Works:
- Use the form below to contact us and let us know you are interested in starting.
- A coach will contact you to schedule your first 1-on-1 session.
- Over the course of four 1-hour sessions with a coach, you will learn:
- What is CrossFit?
- Clean & Jerk
- Other popular CrossFit movements such as wall ball, kettlebell wings, rowing, pull ups, etc.
- How to maintain proper form throughout these movements
- How to scale workouts appropriate to your fitness level
- What a great community we have!
- Finally, join us with one of membership options.
Cost is $249, includes:
– Four 1-on-1 sessions with a coach.
– Unlimited CrossFit classes for two weeks following completion of Foundations
– Sessions are worked around a mutually agreed upon schedule.
- "Foundations allowed me to get comfortable with the movements, and gain the confidence I needed to join Crossfit. I am encouraged every class to push myself beyond what I thought I could do. Joining Second Wind Crossfit is one of the best things I have done for myself."~ Naomi B.
- ~ Antti K."CrossFit seemed a little daunting at first, but what I found was that the foundations class was a super easy way to ease into CrossFit. Steve was a patient and thorough coach who always emphasized the importance of doing things safely and keeping yourself healthy and injury free. A huge added bonus was that everybody (staff and fellow crossfitters) at Second Wind is genuinely nice and welcoming."
- "After three children and several years away from a gym, I hesitantly ventured into Second Wind for the Foundations course. Thanks to the coaching and the introduction of scaling exercises, I was confident enough to join and be part of the CrossFit nation."~ Sadie Bianco
- "I was really nervous about trying Crossfit; I didn't think I could do it. But Foundations with Steve was amazing! He has a very clear and thorough (and calm!) teaching style, which immediately put me at ease. After the course, I felt confident that I could participate in Crossfit at a speed and level that would work for me."~ Afua Ofosu-Barko
First class free! Open to anyone!
If you’re not ready for CrossFit, or you just want to come sweat for 45 minutes and get a sense of what we’re all about, Boot Camp is for you. No heavy lifting, no complex workouts; just high intensity fun.
Every Saturday morning at 9:00.
Boot Camp allows you to get started right away, meet the coaches and experience the atmosphere and community of the gym.
I have done CrossFit before. Can I drop in to a regular class?
If you are visiting from another CrossFit affiliate or you have CF experience, you are welcome to drop in. Please email.
Questions? Please contact us below.